I attended a conference called the EquiSummit produced by a major manufacturer of horse feed components and sponsored by the horse feed companies dedicated to supplying horses with feed and forage. Their representatives along with equine nutritionists (consultants and professors) and veterinarians (industry employees and professors) discussed the following topics:
- A Horse Owner’s Guide to Leaky Gut Syndrome
- Managing Stress Through Functional Nutrition
- Proper Forage Feeding
- Feeding the Senior Horse and Addressing “Inflammaging”
- Hindgut Health: Practical Considerations
- Equine Metabolic Syndrome (EMS) vs. Equine Cushing’s Disease (PPID)
I analyze their content which was available for all horse owners and professionals to attend. I then give my opinions. As you might imagine, any delivery from an agenda driven source will have omissions and twists of truth. I will guide you through the conference sessions and then summarize what they said.